day 86


Since everyone's gearing up for Thanksgiving, I want to post a picture of something that I'm thankful for every day this week.

(besides all of those obvious things like my family and my friends - they go without saying!)

I was inspired to do this because of a conversation I had with a kindergartner this morning...
here's how it went:

...out of the blue
R: Miss Levine...do you have a mom?
Miss Levine: Yes! Do you?
R: Yep! Do you have a dad?
L: Yes I do!
R: Do you have a grandfather? Or a brother?
L: I have both!
R: Wow. Do you have a house? And does it have a roof? Because if your roof is broken my dad can fix it.
L: I do have a house! My roof isn't broken, but if it ever breaks maybe I'll ask your dad for help.
R: Okay. Oh, and also do you have a dog?
L: Yes I do!
R: wow....you have everything!

Leave it to a kindergartner to simplify things and leave you thinking! If having 4 family members, a dog, and a house with a roof means that I have everything, then I am one lucky duck - especially since I have so much more than that!

So today, I'm thankful for my job at the CYC - for brightening my day and for making me appreciate the little things.


0 comments: