We made it!!

Hola mis amigos!


Estoy en Barcelona!

After a loooong bus ride (most of which I slept through) we made it into the city. We got off the bus to find all of the senor's y senora's waiting for us with paper signs with our names on them (you know, the way the limo drivers at the airports do? so cute!)

My senora's name is Rafaela. She's 73 years old and is the tiniest woman! She's very nice and I could understand almost everything she said, as well as get her to understand what I was saying (most of the time!). Maggie and I have a little room with twin beds, a closet and a dresser, and 2 windows (one of which we almost broke) that look out onto the city streets. We share a bathroom with each other and eat breakfast and dinner with our Senora every night!

Tomorrow is our placement exam at the university to see what classes we'll be in for the next few weeks. We'll see if my Spanish is as good as I think it is!

Pictures and more on Barcelona to come soon!

xoxo
Lauren

0 comments: