Week One

It's been one week since I've been in the United States!


A week in Espana - and 3 full days in Barcelona! So far, so good. It's so overwhelming to be in a new, huge city - especially one where everyone speaks a different language! So far though, I'd say I've been doing a pretty good job! Hopefully getting adjusted doesn't take too much longer, because I only have 5 weeks left here!

We use the metro system, busses, or taxis to get most places - as well as A LOT of walking! I have class every day from 10am - 2pm. It's a Spanish Language and Culture class, and so far I really like it!

We've done some exploring, but I feel like I'll never be able to see all of the amazing things that this city has to offer. There's so much history, architecture, and culture to take in - plus lots of shopping and fun to be had! I'll post about some of the amazing places we've been in the next few days.

Speaking of shopping, supposedly all of the stores in the city begin their huge sales tomorrow! I can't wait to buy some of the beautiful things I've seen in all of the windows here.

Yesterday we went to the beach after class - my first beach trip of the summer! The beach we went to was pretty tourist-y, and I think later this week we'll try to go to another beach farther away from the crowds.

I have so many thoughts and plans and things I want to write about running through my head! I can't keep them all straight to write them here. But I guess a basic summary would be that I'm having a great time and loving the city!

Miss you all!
xoxo, Lauren


0 comments: