day 29


Mondays suck. There's no other way to put it. There's nothing worse than having the good feelings from a great weekend trampled over by the 8 am alarm on Monday morning. Especially when it's raining. Especially when you have a 30 minute walk ahead of you. Needless to say, I was not thrilled about being a functioning member of society on Monday morning.


But then, I got to the CYC. I got a huge hug and a, "HI MISS LEVINE!" when I walked into the classroom, and I got to eat lunch and discuss the merits of pb&j sandwiches versus just plain peanut butter. ("When there's jelly, it doesn't stick to your mouth so bad," in case you were wondering the 4-year-old philosophy on that.) I got to play UNO and Mancala. I got to help a table of kids write "stories" and watch them sound out the words they wanted to put down on paper. I got to watch their faces light up when they remembered how to spell a word that they didn't know how to spell last week, and listen while they proudly shared their stories in their "author's circle" when they were done.

Needless to say, my Monday turned out to be not so bad :)

p.s. I'm not really allowed to post pictures of the kids without written consent, so the backs of their heads at meeting will have to do!

0 comments: