day 159


I sneakily took this picture from my seat in Ed Psych today. I looove this class. The professor, Patricia Alexander, is amazing. She's a distinguished researcher in the Human Development department, she wrote the textbook that our class uses, and she's already had to miss one of our 4 lecture periods to fly to New York and speak at the Gates Foundation. I've gotten the impression that she's kind of a big deal.

On the first day of class, she surprised us (and kind of freaked us out) by knowing every single student's name. She must have studied the pictures and committed them all to memory - but it's a 200 person lecture! I couldn't believe it.

But on top of all of that, she's hysterical. She's so fun to listen to, and I can only imagine that she has a ton of interesting stories to tell from her past. The other day she told us, "You guys have to call me Dr. Alexander. I make my undergraduates and my ex-husbands call me Dr."

Anyways, I'm rambling. But I love this class and love this professor, so I'm hoping these are both signs that there's an A in store for me at the end of the semester!

0 comments: