I'm Back ...and Loving Wednesday

Hellooo blogworld! I just couldn't stay away :) Even though my project 365 is over, I decided that I love the idea of having this blog as an outlet to share whatever happens to be on my mind. I'm not sure what it will turn into or where it will take me, but I'm ready to just play that by ear!

The dictionary definition of serendipity is:
noun. an aptitude for making desirable discoveries by accident.

I'm not exactly sure that I have an aptitude for this, so I like to think of it more as fate or karma - that if you put good stuff out there into the universe, you're going to get good stuff back.
(How's that for a deep, meaningful life theory?!)

I try to live my life believing that, in the hopes that I'll make a desirable discovery or two along the way. My hope is that this blog will chronicle these discoveries, and at the very least I'll have something tangible to remember this exciting time in my life by.


So to kick off this new blog I'm going to link up to something I've been reading on Ashley and Maggie's blogs for weeks and weeks - it's called "What I'm Loving Wednesdays." Not much explanation needed...just a quick list of what I'm loving on this rainy day!


I'm loving how excited my fifth graders were to see me this morning after I'd been gone since last Thursday. I guess we didn't give them enough warning that we'll only be student teaching on Wednesdays and Thursdays this semester. I missed them too!

I'm loving the note I found on my desk from one of the girls in my class. Seriously...how sweet?!

I'm loving my first day back at the preschool I work at on campus. I was only there for an hour this afternoon, but it was so great to see all of the familiar little faces, and meet some of the new kiddies. I was greeted with such cute smiles and lots of hugs! It's going to take some serious getting used to - going from being with 33 eleven year olds until 3:15 to being with 18 three and four year olds from 4-5:30. I'm up for the challenge :)

I'm loving Ashley for helping me get this new blog set up and answering all of my silly questions. She's way more advanced at this blogging business than I am!

I'm loving this adorable clothing boutique called "Vestique." Not only am I in love with their clothes (seriously. each thing is cuter than the last, and it's all so affordable!), but they featured the engagement pictures I took of my cousin on their blog! Here's their website and here's their blog.


And most of all I'm loving you! Thanks for reading - leave me a comment and let me know whatcha think :)

xoxo,
Lauren


6 comments:

Ashley said...

Woohoo! I'm loving it! Can't wait to see what fabulous things this bloggity blog has in store. Thanks for the sweet shout outs, girlfriend, but this was all you!

XOXO

Renae said...

That's awesome that your photos were used by the boutique!!! Good luck with your student teaching :-)My husband student taught 5th grade in Philly

Maggie said...

Lovin the blog Laur. OH and lovin your cousin'' pics!!!!! You go girl.

PS - your last post almost made me cry. There is something wrong with me...

Unknown said...

Hi! I am new to your blog and saw that you are from philly...where at? I live in the area as well

Courtney said...

Your blog is too cute!! And I love that little note from your student, what a sweetie!

Jennie said...

LOVE your blog!!! New follower! :)