Rafaela




I just realized that while I may have introduced Rafaela to everyone reading this, I never showed you her picture. I always think that when you can put a face to the stories, it makes them so much better. So here she is....Rafaela =]

I miss her already! Even though our dinners with Carmen and Marie are much more exciting and entertaining, there was something special about only understanding half of what Rafaela was talking about and having to resort to animal noises, hand gestures, and pictures in cook books to carry out any sort of conversation. Okay, so maybe special isn't the right word. But it was still an experience that I'm so thankful to have had, and I'm so glad that I was assigned to live with her. My spanish is definitely better because of it, I can differentiate different meats from different body parts of animals, and I know how to use a Spanish fan in the true authentic style. What more could I have asked to learn from my Senora?!


0 comments: