day 36


On Mondays I have an Honors Education Seminar from 4:15 - 6:15, and I'm obsessed with it. We talk about educational policy, which has pretty much turned into research and an ongoing conversation about what's going on in the world of Education today. Every time I leave that class I feel so sure that I picked the right career. I feel proud of my choice, I feel discouraged by everything that's working against the education system, I feel inspired and hopeful that I can make a difference. (That's a lot of feelings for 2 hours...)


Today we had a speaker - the superintendent of PG County School System. He gave us so much valuable information and gave us a printed version of his PowerPoint, so my notes (above) are just snippets of things he said that really struck me. Here's what a few of them say, in case you can't see.

"WHAT IF... every student was told it was their role to prepare him or herself for college, and every school adopted this as their vision?"

"teaching does not equal students learning"

" low performing doesn't equal low ability"

"kids don't care that you know until they know that you care"


0 comments: