day 43


What may seem like a boring picture of an e-mail on my computer screen is actually much, much more than that.

This is my flight confirmation to go to Honduras on January 8th for a week-long service trip with an organization called Students Helping Honduras (SHH).

I've wanted to go on an alternative winter or spring break ever since I was a freshman, and heard about SHH through my good friend Sam, who started the chapter here on campus. He went last winter and couldn't stop talking about what a life-changing experience it was, and has been planning a trip back ever since. His passion and excitement about the trip, the village, and the people he met there was contagious, and I decided this was an opportunity I couldn't pass up on.

Now that the flight is booked, it's official! Now comes the fundraising and planning to make the trip as successful as it can be. I can't wait :)

0 comments: