day 245


So today I worked ANOTHER double shift at Chevys. They're semi-painful, to say the least. And on this particular day, it was a very slow morning. All of the servers were just staring at each other complaining about how bored we were. So, the elementary teacher/camp counselor in me came out, and I decided to make the morning a little more interesting. I made a BINGO board, and in each square was either a menu item or an event. If that event happened at one of your tables, or if one of those menu items was ordered, you got to cross off that square. Everyone put in $1, and the first person to get 4 in a row won all of the money!

I didn't have my camera with me at work, so this is a phone picture...here's what some of the squares said in case you can't tell from this photo:

- someone asking "do you have to-go cups?" (you would be surprised how often this happens. no sir, we do not have to-go cups, and do you really need to take your 4th free refill of raspberry iced tea home with you?)
- someone ordering the pomegranate margarita, shrimp ceviche salad, or a "guac-my-way"
- someone telling us it's their birthday (even though, chances are it isn't actually their birthday, they just want the free dessert and sombrero)
- someone mispronouncing the crispy chicken flautas. (ma'm, the vowel blend "au" says "ow" or "aw", if they were pronounced crispy chicken flootas, we'd spell it that way.)

I was only one pomegranate lemonade away from winning! Oh well, maybe next time :)

0 comments: