day 119



merry christmas!

We got to spend Christmas morning with the Shadday's, which made opening presents in the living room even more fun! there were 10 piles of presents scattered around the room, some half-eaten cookies left on a plate, and a funny note from santa.



Then we got ready for christmas with the Callaghan's. I was ready (as I'm sure everyone else was) for our first Christmas without Mom-Mom to be difficult and sad. She was so wrapped up in every tradition and every decoration - everything about the christmas season made me miss her. I don't know how else to explain it other than that she was Christmas. It only made sense to assume that Christmas would be less without her there.

What I realized though, is that she was there. We couldn't hug her or hear her voice, and that part was as difficult and sad as I expected it to be. But everything else - the love, the traditions, the decorations, the food (!), the family - still went on and stopped us from dwelling on missing her for too long. So many things that I love about Christmas came from her, and the fact that she left herself behind in all of those things felt like the greatest Christmas gift I'd ever gotten.

It was a great day, as usual, spent with the greatest family I could ask for :)

p.s. how cute is this baby?


0 comments: