day 155


Tonight Sam & Bryce hosted a dinner for everyone who went on the winter trip to Honduras. It was so fun to be back together with (almost) everyone again! Being with everyone, reminiscing about the trip and planning our fundraising activities for the semester reignited the spark I had when I got back from Honduras. I'm going to try hard to keep that going all semester - it's easy to get lost in the day-to-day madness of classes and work and everyday life, but when I remember everything I saw on my trip, all of that falls into the background and all I can think about is what I'm going to do next for SHH. (In fact, I'm supposed to be writing a reading response for a class right now, but instead I'm drafting a fundraising letter...oops!)

Speaking of fundraising, we decided tonight that the University of Maryland chapter of SHH is going to raise $10,000 this semester! It's a really high goal, but I have absolute faith that we can make it! We have a lot of things in the works (a 5k, a volleyball tournament, bake sales, a movie screening...so much to plan!) so stay tuned and see how you can get involved!

0 comments: