day 140



okay so since I never "woke up" on Saturday, we're just going to have to assume that day 140 started at midnight.

At midnight we were still at "Fahrenheit" the club SHH took us to. Everyone dancing and drinking (legally, of course!) and having such a good time. The last bus got us back to the hotel at 2 a.m., and we had to be back down in the lobby at 4 a.m. to get to the airport.

The good (?) news is I hadn't packed a single thing! So I had those 2 hours to drunkenly pack my suitcases and try to find something clean to wear on the plane. Somehow we all made it downstairs to the lobby at 4 and got on the bus to the airport. It was pretty funny - for the first 5 minutes of the bus ride everyone was rowdy and laughing and having fun, and then all of a sudden no one spoke another word and we all passed out. From that point on we were all in this exhausted/hungover/sick daze. I think some of my favorite pictures from the trip are from this day!






Our flights were all on time, and we got into DC around 4. I took the metro back to my apartment and then made the really intelligent decision to drive the 2 1/2 hours home to Philly that night. It took one large McDonald's coffee, a powerade, 5 phonecalls, 2 bathroom stops and some really loud music, but I made it!

I got to start telling my stories as soon as I got home, and haven't stopped since! This trip totally changed my life - I can't wait to keep talking about, to keep looking at pictures, to keep fundraising for SHH, and especially to go back to Honduras!

0 comments: