day 130



Today is January 5th, 2011,
which means that it's been 1 year since January 5th, 2010,
which means that it's been 365 days since the day my mom-mom went to heaven,
and 367 since the last time I hugged her.
But it all feels like it was just yesterday.

What I've figured out these last 365 days is that even though sometimes, it hurts to remember, it hurts worse to forget; so I'm trying hard not to forget a single thing.

A quote that I love says, "Memory is a way of holding onto the things you love, the things you are, the things you never want to lose."

I figure that as long as I have those memories, I still have her. And even though I miss her (sometimes so bad that it hurts), I'm still so thankful for what she's left behind -her family, her love, and her faith. It's those things that have gotten me through this year.

I've gotta add one more quote in here - this one's from the eulogy given at her funeral. It pretty much sums it up...

Patsy showed us that love travels, and you can change people for the better with three small words, “I LOVE YOU.” Patsy was the Secretary of Love, and her children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren are her Ambassadors. This is her living legacy, and we are forever grateful.

miss you mom-mom....xoxo


0 comments: